The August Six-Word Story Challenge prompts are up! Another month of prompts, 6-word stories, and everyday creativity. Spruce up your journal with a few words each day, or use your stories for hand lettering practice. If you’re ready for an extra challenge, try rhyming to make a 6-word poem. Write on!
August Challenge Prompts: Six-Word Story Challenge (2017) #PFSixWordChallenge |
In my part of the world, it’s time for back-to-school and back-to-college. As the hard work starts, we also need to take time for fun creative pursuits. Most of us don’t have time to tackle full-length novels or masterpiece paintings. We DO have time for six little words. They’re just a taste of the creative life to make your day a bit brighter.
Not sure where to start? See the examples of 6-word poems in the January 2017 Challenge post.
If you think 6 words sounds easy, think again! You won’t have to waste a whole day on the computer, but it’s tough to squeeze a full story arc from only six words. The fun is in the attempt.
Here are a few of mine to get you started:
- Ninety days. Ninety letters. He persisted.
- Memo: Hiring freeze due to nepotism.
- “I’m innocent!” (The judge did it.)
Ready for bigger writing projects? Take a peek inside my writing journal for inspiration.
How to Play…
Six words. That’s all you get. Experiment and have fun with it!
- Write whatever sparks in your mind. You are free to use the prompt words in your story, but it’s not required.
- You can continue with the 6-word stories (non-rhyming) if you like.
- If you’re feeling extra creative, try your hand at six-word poems (rhyming) on odd days. Six-word poems are new to the challenge this year, but they’ve added a whole new layer of complexity. Micro-poetry is definitely outside my comfort zone, but it’s a great way to flex your creative muscles.
Where to Post
- Most of the six-word story challenge takes place on Instagram. For the best chance of being featured, tag your posts with the challenge hashtags.
- Feel free to tag me (@PageFlutter ), so I can give your awesome story a shoutout!
- Not on Instagram? No worries; just play along on my Facebook page.
- Subscribe to my newsletter to get my latest posts and challenge prompts delivered to your inbox!
Printable Challenge Sheet: AUGUST
**CLICK IMAGE TO PRINT**
**CLICK IMAGE TO PRINT**
Remember: It’s not about having the “best” 6-word story. It’s about inspiration, so have fun & take creative risks!
If you need a little help getting started, check out my 6-Word Story board on Pinterest. For those of you looking to turn your six-word stories into larger projects, follow my boards devoted to the craft of writing. Happy journaling!
Brainstorm with me!
Subscribe to my newsletter for Page Flutter updates, posts, and announcements.
Don’t worry, I only deliver the good stuff. No spam.