Only two months left of our Year to a Better You! It’s not too late to join, though. Put down that pumpkin pie, grab your favorite pen, and join the November 6-word story challenge! Our theme this month is Friends & Family.
Year to a Better You: November 6-Word Story Challenge
Do you keep a gratitude journal? In the U.S., November is synonymous with gratitude. We celebrate Thanksgiving this month, so I can’t help focusing on the good things in life, both big and little.
With only two months left in our Year to a Better You (6 words at a time), now is the perfect time to grow into more grateful beings. When I planned this year-long challenge back in December of last year, I knew right away November’s theme would be Friends & Family. The whole point of this challenge is to use 6-word stories as a meditative tool for self-improvement. My loved ones are always a critical part of how I approach any project, and they make me into the BEST version of myself. They’re also at the very top of every gratitude list I’ve ever made!
>>Need more gratitude? Start your own gratitude journal with a 30-Day Gratitude Challenge to Jump Start Your New Lifestyle.
With that in mind, use your November 6-word story prompts to focus on how your loved ones shape you. Consider how they support you. Maybe they influence your goals…Or maybe they drive you crazy! Either way, there’s probably some built in gratitude there. If nothing else, it should make for some pretty entertaining 6-word stories. Am I right? ????
If this is your first month participating in one of my 6-word story challenges, keep reading for all the rules and details. This challenge harnesses your creative energy (journaling and creative writing) and puts it to work, so you can be your best self!
- Each month has an assigned theme. I’ve modeled the themes based on the cycles we often experience in life. Sometimes we’re hopeful and full of imagination. Other times, it takes fierce determination and courage to make changes (don’t worry, the monthly themes will all be listed on the challenge prompts for the month).
- January: Mindfulness
- February: Gratitude
- March: Imagination
- April: Hope
- May: Focus
- June: Courage
- July: Change
- August: Determination
- September: Perseverance
- October: Inspiration
- November: Friends and Family
- December: Reflection
- Write a 6-word story each day in response to the daily prompts. Scroll down for the printable November 6-word story prompts.
- TIP 1: Keep the theme for the month in mind as you write your 6-word story each day. For example, November’s theme is Friends & Family, and the daily prompt for November 1st is “Soulmate.” My response for this prompts is: “Apart, they wandered toward each other.” We may not always be on the same path as the people we love, but that doesn’t mean we won’t end up at the same place.
- Tip 2: Don’t feel any pressure to follow the prompts too strictly. They’re only meant to tickle your imagination!
What is a 6-word story?
It’s a whole story in only six words. Six. That’s all you get. Since the word count is so tight, you can get really creative with contractions, punctuation, and tone to develop your story. Some people even add sketches and graphics to add another layer of creativity. Play around with these, take chances, and above all have fun with it!
- Write whatever sparks in your mind. You are free to use the prompt words in your story, but it’s not required.
- These are YOUR stories. They don’t have to be like anyone else’s.
- If you’re feeling extra creative, try rhyming to make a 6-word poem.
Where to Share Your #6WordsBetter
- Most of the 6-word story challenge takes place on Instagram. For the best chance of being featured, tag your posts with the challenge hashtags.
- #6WordsBetter (new hashtag for 2018)
- The old hashtags from the PF Six-Word Challenge still work. Use them all if you like. #PFSixWordChallenge and #PFSixWordPoems
- Feel free to tag me (@PageFlutter ) so I can give your awesome story a shoutout! (Not on Instagram? No worries; just play along on my Facebook page.)
- Subscribe to my newsletter to get my latest posts and challenge prompts delivered to your inbox!
Get creative with your 6-word stories. Dress them up with doodles, hand letter them, find a photo that helps tell your story…whatever speaks to you!
Here are a few to get you started:
- Dry erase fumes signal brainstorming success.
- Winter surrendered to fields of flowers
- Morning songs herald the day’s mission.
Ready for bigger writing projects? Take a peek inside my writing journal for inspiration.
Year to a Better You
November 6-Word Story Prompts (Printable)
Repost these prompts in your Instagram feed for easy reference. Or you can simply print the Year to a Better You October 6-word story prompts with this freebie printable (A5 size) and paste it into your journal.
**CLICK IMAGE TO PRINT**
**CLICK IMAGE TO PRINT**
Remember: It’s not about competing for the “best” 6-word story. It’s about building habits that inspire you to be your best.
So, take a few risks, immerse yourself in the theme for the month, and have fun with the challenge!
If you need a little help getting started, check out my 6-Word Story board on Pinterest. For those of you looking to turn your six-word stories into larger projects, follow my boards devoted to the craft of writing. Happy journaling!
Follow Page Flutter | Megan’s board WRITING | Six-Word Stories on Pinterest.
Brainstorm with me!
Subscribe to my newsletter for Page Flutter updates, posts, and announcements.
Don’t worry, I only deliver the good stuff. No spam.
Facebook // Twitter// Instagram // Pinterest
2 thoughts on “Year to a Better You: November 6-Word Story Challenge”
Not good at writing stories but why not give it a try rught! Wish me luck!!!
You’ll get the hang of it in no time! Good luck. 🙂
Comments are closed.