Here they are, hot off the press! July’s Six-Word Story Challenge Prompts (#PFSixWordChallenge) are live on Instagram.
| July Prompts: Six-Word Story Challenge (#PFSixWordChallenge)|
You have thousands of stories locked inside you. I hope I’m not the first person to tell you this; maybe you’ve known all along. But knowing you have a story won’t get it out into the world. You have to pull the words from your subconscious and convince them to play nicely on the page.
Harder than it sounds, right?
If you’re like me, you’ve invented every excuse you can think of to delay writing. They go something like this:
- I’m too busy
- I don’t know how
- I’m afraid I’ll screw up
- I’ll embarrass myself
- Writing is too much pressure
- I’ll fail
- I won’t finish
- I’m not good enough
Writing doesn’t have to be intimidating. That’s I came up with the Page Flutter Six-Word Challenge (#PFSixWordChallenge). This challenge is meant to silence those doubts. Your six words are exactly that. YOURS.
Tap into creative reserves you’ve ignored for too long, and tell us a story in six words.
You may not have time to hammer out 5,000 words a day, but you DO have time for six words a day. You won’t embarrass yourself because, hey, nobody is writing like Shakespeare with only six words!
Now, let’s get down to business!
Printable JULY Challenge Sheet
**CLICK IMAGE TO PRINT**
How to Play…
Six words, that’s all you get. Try to put them together in a way that feels like a complete story, but also take the opportunity to experiment. Have fun with it!
- You are welcome to use the prompt words in your story, but it’s not required at all. Write whatever sparks in your mind.
- Be sure to tag your stories on Instagram with #PFSixWordChallenge so we can all see them.
- Tag me (@PageFlutter ), so I can give your awesome story a shoutout!
- Not on Instagram? No worries; just play along on my Facebook page!
- Subscribe to my newsletter to get my latest posts and challenge prompts delivered to you inbox!
Remember: It’s not about having the “best” 6-word story.
It’s about inspiration, so have fun & take creative risks!
If you need a little help getting started, check out my 6-Word Story board on Pinterest. For those of you looking to turn your six-word stories into larger projects, follow my board devoted to the craft of writing. Happy journaling!
Brainstorm with me!