June is here! That means another month of the Year to a Better You with the June 6-Word Story Challenge prompts. This month’s theme is courage. Use your six word stories to be BRAVE, be BOLD, be YOU!
Year to a Better You: June 6-Word Story Challenge
Things are heating up fast in my neck of the woods! Something about the summer heat makes me want to run, dive, and splash into every challenge I can get my hands on. All that heat and sunshine makes a person brave! If you’ve been after a goal, but scared of taking the leap, make this the month you finally muster your courage.
With that fearlessness in mind, it’s time for more Year to a Better You 6-word story prompts! Our theme this month is Courage. As you write your 6-word stories, meditate on your own courage. What does it mean to you? How can you be braver, even if only in small ways?
If this is your first month participating in one of my 6-word story challenges, keep reading for all the rules and details. This challenge harnesses your creative energy (journaling and creative writing) and put it to work, so you can be your best self!
- Each month has an assigned theme. I’ve modeled the themes based on the cycles we often experience in life. Sometimes we’re hopeful and full of imagination. Other times, it takes fierce determination and courage to make changes (don’t worry, the monthly themes will all be listed on the challenge prompts for the month).
- January: Mindfulness
- February: Gratitude
- March: Imagination
- April: Hope
- May: Focus
- June: Courage
- July: Change
- August: Determination
- September: Perseverance
- October: Inspiration
- November: Friends and Family
- December: Reflection
- Write a 6-word story each day in response to the daily prompts. Scroll down for the printable June 2018 prompts.
- TIP 1: Keep the theme for the month in mind as you write your 6-word story each day. For example, June’s theme is Courage, and the daily prompt for June 1st is “The lion.” Lions are pretty courageous, generally, but I have a soft spot for the cowardly lion. My response for this prompts is: With a brave “ruff,” he ran! Maybe not the brave hero we all dream, but I had fun writing it.
- Tip 2: Don’t feel any pressure to follow the prompts too strictly. They’re only meant to tickle your imagination!
What is a 6-word story?
It’s a whole story in only six words. Six. That’s all you get. Since the word count is so tight, you can get really creative with contractions, punctuation, and tone to develop your story. Some people even add sketches and graphics to add another layer of creativity. Play around with these, take chances, and above all have fun with it!
- Write whatever sparks in your mind. You are free to use the prompt words in your story, but it’s not required.
- These are YOUR stories. They don’t have to be like anyone else’s.
- If you’re feeling extra creative, try rhyming to make a 6-word poem.
Where to Share Your #6WordsBetter
- Most of the June 6-word story challenge takes place on Instagram. For the best chance of being featured, tag your posts with the challenge hashtags.
- #6WordsBetter (new hashtag for 2018)
- The old hashtags from the PF Six-Word Challenge still work. Use them all if you like. #PFSixWordChallenge and #PFSixWordPoems
- Feel free to tag me (@PageFlutter ) so I can give your awesome story a shoutout! (Not on Instagram? No worries; just play along on my Facebook page.)
- Subscribe to my newsletter to get my latest posts and challenge prompts delivered to your inbox!
Get creative with your 6-word stories. Dress them up with doodles, hand letter them, find a photo that helps tell your story…whatever speaks to you!
Here are a few to get you started:
- Dry-erase fumes signal brainstorming success.
- Winter surrendered to fields of flowers
- Morning songs herald the day’s mission.
Ready for bigger writing projects? Take a peek inside my writing journal for inspiration.
Year to a Better You June Prompts (Printable)
**CLICK IMAGE TO PRINT**
**CLICK IMAGE TO PRINT**
Remember: It’s not about competing for the “best” 6-word story. It’s about building habits that inspire you to be your best.
So, take a few risks, immerse yourself in the theme for the month, and have fun with the challenge!
If you need a little help getting started, check out my 6-Word Story board on Pinterest. For those of you looking to turn your six-word stories into larger projects, follow my boards devoted to the craft of writing. Happy journaling!
Brainstorm with me!
Subscribe to my newsletter for Page Flutter updates, posts, and announcements.
Don’t worry, I only deliver the good stuff. No spam.