Who doesn’t love a good quote? I put them everywhere! These quotes to motivate change will have you tackling those big goals like a champ. Add them to your journal, bathroom mirror, or office wall to give your day a boost.
30 Soul-Inspiring Quotes to Motivate Change (Even When It’s Hard)
This post contains affiliate links. Your price stays the same, but affiliate links may provide a small commission that supports this site & the FREE content you love.
Change is hard, like really, really hard. Especially for those of us who feel the need to have control (like me). Because of this, I’ve decided to compile 30 quotes to motivate change (for the better) and help me let go of some control. I have also pulled together some general tips to help you with making changes.
TIP #1: Sometimes change is out of our control when this is the case, we should practice healthy coping mechanisms. Some healthy ways to cope with change is to accept it as a chance for growth, join a support group, engage in physical activity, let yourself feel the emotions.
- “Your mind is a powerful thing. When you fill it with positive thoughts, your life will start to change.” ~Zig Ziglar
- “Progress is impossible without change, and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything.” ~Georg Bernard Shaw
- “Change your thoughts and you’ll change your world.” ~Norman Vincent Peale
- “You can’t spell challenge without change. If you’re going to rise to the challenge, you must be prepared to change.” ~unknown
- “You’ll never change your life until you change something you do daily. The secret of your success is found in your daily routine.” ~John C. Maxwell
- “You were born with the ability to change someone’s life, don’t ever waste it.” ~unknown
- “Everybody has gone through something that has changed them in a way that they could never go back to the person they once were.” ~unknown
- “Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy.” ~Leo F. Buscaglia
My list isn’t done yet, but you might also want to bookmark this post to collect even more uplifting words.
TIP #2: One huge obstacle when it comes to change is fear. When you find yourself afraid of change, tell yourself of all the great things you might miss if you do not make this change.
- “The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.”~ Elbert Hubbard
- “Life is inherently risky. There is only one big risk you should avoid at all costs, and that is the risk of doing nothing.” ~Denis Waitley
- “If you do what you’ve always done, you’ll get what you’ve always gotten.” ~Tony Robbins
- “Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says ‘I’ll try again tomorrow.” ~Mary Anne Radmacher
- “I didn’t come this far to only come this far.” ~unknown
- “You’re allowed to scream, you’re allowed to cry, but do not give up.” ~unknown
- “It’s not who you are that holds you back, it’s who you think you’re not.” ~Denis Waitley
- “The only limits in life are the ones you make.” ~unknown
TIP #3: Always remember that you are where you are today because you were already willing to make so many changes, this one change is nothing compared to those.
- “Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.” ~Earl Nightingale
- “You have always had the power, my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself.” ~Glinda (Wizard of Oz)
- “If not now, then when?” ~unknown
- “The past does not equal the future. It does not matter that you failed yesterday, or all day today. What matters is what are you going to do, right now?” ~Tony Robbins
- “Challenges are what make life interesting and overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.” ~Joshua J. Marine
- “We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us.” ~Joseph Campbell
TIP #4: Change is not easy, it is a challenge and it may test you. Just remember that you are stronger and far more capable than you give yourself credit, you can handle this change and all of the challenges it throws at you.
- “It always seems impossible until it’s done.” ~Nelson Mandela
- “FEAR has two meanings: Forget Everything And Run Or Face Everything And Rise. The choice is yours.” ~Zig Ziglar
- “As I look back on my life, I realize that every time I thought I was being rejected from something good. I was actually being re-directed to something better.” ~Steve Maraboli
- “1 year = 365 Opportunities.” ~unknown
- “Let your past make you better, not bitter.” ~unknown
- “The one who falls and gets up is so much stronger than the one who never fell.” ~Luna Adriana Ardiansyah
- “Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.” ~Carol Barnett
- “Change is the end result of all true learning.” ~Leo Buscaglia
TIP #5: Believe in yourself. Sometimes the largest hurdle before a change is your own self-doubt. If you believe that you can, you will.
I hope these tips and quotes have helped to motivate you toward change or helped you accept changes that are out of your control. Life is amazing, and it is made even more amazing when we chose to make positive changes! If you enjoyed my quotes to motivate change, make sure you check out Page Flutter’s list of inspirational quotes for your Bullet Journal. You can also find endless lists of quotes on Pinterest, BrainyQuotes and Goodreads.
What’s your biggest challenge when facing change? Do you have any favorite quotes to motivate change? Comment below to share your best techniques for tackling big changes like a pro!