Let’s welcome Spring with some creativity. Jump into 6-word stories with the March challenge prompts, and add a dose of literary inspiration to your day.
March Challenge Prompts (2017): Daily 6-Word Story Challenge|
This post contains affiliate links. You never pay more, but I may earn a modest commission that helps offset the costs of maintaining this website & keeping your favorite content FREE.
Get ready for another month of the Page Flutter 6-Word Challenge; the March prompts are live on my Instagram!
6-word stories are an easy way to add a little creative push to your day. You don’t have to quit your day job to have fun with writing; it can be quick and clever. It’s tough to squeeze a whole story arc from only 6 words. That’s the challenge.
Ready for bigger writing projects? Take a peek inside my writing journal for inspiration.
Here are a few of mine:
- Homesick Colorado girl dreams of mountains.
- Dear husband, I fired your girlfriend.
- “I’m innocent!” (The judge did it.)
If you’re feeling extra creative, try your hand at six-word poems (rhyming) on odd days. Six-word poems are new to the challenge this year, but they’ve added a whole new layer of complexity. Micro-poetry is definitely outside my comfort zone. It’s a great way to flex your creative muscles.
Not sure where to start? See the examples of 6-word poems in the January 2017 Challenge post.
How to Play…
Six words. That’s all you get. Experiment and have fun with it!
- Write whatever sparks in your mind. You are free to use the prompt words in your story, but it’s not required.
- You can continue with the 6-word stories (non-rhyming) if you like.
- If you’re ready for the extra challenge, try rhyming poems on odd days.
Where to Post
- Post your stories on Instagram. For the best chance of being featured, tag your posts with the challenge hashtags.
- Feel free to tag me (@PageFlutter ), so I can give your awesome story a shoutout!
- Not on Instagram? No worries; just play along on my Facebook page.
- Subscribe to my newsletter to get my latest posts and challenge prompts delivered to your inbox!
Printable Challenge Sheet
**CLICK IMAGE TO PRINT**
**CLICK IMAGE TO PRINT**
Remember: It’s not about having the “best” 6-word story. It’s about inspiration, so have fun & take creative risks!
If you need a little help getting started, check out my 6-Word Story board on Pinterest. For those of you looking to turn your six-word stories into larger projects, follow my boards devoted to the craft of writing. Happy journaling!
Brainstorm with me!
Subscribe to my newsletter for Page Flutter updates, posts, and announcements.
Don’t worry, I only deliver the good stuff. No spam.