The July challenge prompts are up! Another month of prompts, 6-word stories, and everyday creativity. Mix up your Bullet Journaling by adding a few words each day, or try rhyming to make a 6-word poem. Write on!
July Challenge Prompts: 6-Word Story Challenge (2017) #PFSixWordChallenge |
We’re about halfway through a full year of 6-word stories, and you guys have been killing it! Most of us don’t have time to dream up an epic novel or paint a timeless masterpiece. Hey, we all have time for six words. They’re just a taste of the creative life to make your day a bit brighter.
Not sure where to start? See the examples of 6-word poems in the January 2017 Challenge post.
If you think 6 words sounds easy, think again! You won’t have to waste a whole day on the computer, but it’s tough to squeeze a full story arc from only 6 words. The fun is in the trying.
Here are a few of mine to get you started:
- Summer love taken away. Letters continued.
- Memo: Hiring freeze due to nepotism.
- “I’m innocent!” (The judge did it.)
Ready for bigger writing projects? Take a peek inside my writing journal for inspiration.
**Like this mockup? You can download it for free from Dawn Nicole Designs.
How to Play…
Six words. That’s all you get. Experiment and have fun with it!
- Write whatever sparks in your mind. You are free to use the prompt words in your story, but it’s not required.
- You can continue with the 6-word stories (non-rhyming) if you like.
- If you’re feeling extra creative, try your hand at six-word poems (rhyming) on odd days. Six-word poems are new to the challenge this year, but they’ve added a whole new layer of complexity. Micro-poetry is definitely outside my comfort zone. It’s a great way to flex your creative muscles.
Where to Post
- Post your stories on Instagram. For the best chance of being featured, tag your posts with the challenge hashtags.
- Feel free to tag me (@PageFlutter ), so I can give your awesome story a shoutout!
- Not on Instagram? No worries; just play along on my Facebook page.
- Subscribe to my newsletter to get my latest posts and challenge prompts delivered to your inbox!
- I’ve put my “Pink Flamingo” story on a free mockup from Dawn Nicole Designs. You can do something similar or simply write them in your journal.
Printable Challenge Sheet: JULY
**CLICK IMAGE TO PRINT**
**CLICK IMAGE TO PRINT**
Remember: It’s not about having the “best” 6-word story. It’s about inspiration, so have fun & take creative risks!
If you need a little help getting started, check out my 6-Word Story board on Pinterest. For those of you looking to turn your six-word stories into larger projects, follow my boards devoted to the craft of writing. Happy journaling!
Brainstorm with me!
Subscribe to my newsletter for Page Flutter updates, posts, and announcements.
Don’t worry, I only deliver the good stuff. No spam.